For 10 Servings
2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts (910 g) 2 teaspoons kosher salt, plus more to taste 1 ½ teaspoons pepper, plus more to taste ½ cup all-purpose flour(60 g) 4 teaspoons dried oregano, divided 4 teaspoons onion powder, divided 4 teaspoons dried basil, divided 4 teaspoons garlic powder, divided
- 2 large eggs
2 cups panko bread crumbs, divided (230 g) ½ cup canola oil (120 mL)
- 8 slices sliced deli ham
¼ cup shredded gruyère cheese (25 g)
- 8 lasagna noodles, oven-ready
- fresh parsley, finely chopped, for garnish
6 tablespoons all-purpose flour 4 cups warm milk(960 mL) 1 ½ cups shredded gruyère cheese (150 g) 1 ½ cups swiss cheese, shredded (150 g) 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Slice the chicken breasts in half into cutlets and season with salt and pepper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, pepper, 2 teaspoons oregano, 2 teaspoons onion powder, 2 teaspoons basil, and 2 teaspoons garlic powder.
- In another medium bowl, beat the eggs.
- In another medium bowl, combine 1½ cups (75 G) of panko bread crumbs, the remaining 2 teaspoons garlic powder, 2 teaspoons basil, 2 teaspoons onion powder, and 2 teaspoons oregano.
- In a large skillet, heat the canola oil over medium-high heat.
- Bread the chicken cutlets by coating in the flour mixture, then in the egg, and finally in the panko.
- Working in batches, fry the breaded cutlets in the hot oil for 2 minutes on each side, until golden brown and cooked through. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- Make the cheese sauce: In a small saucepan over medium heat, whisk together the butter and flour. Cook until the flour is golden brown, about 2 minutes.
- Slowly whisk in the warm milk until fully incorporated. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer until thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and whisk in the Gruyère and Swiss cheeses until completely melted. Add the salt and stir to combine.
- Spread about ⅓ of the sauce in the bottom of a 9×13-inch (22×30 cm) baking dish. Top with 4 lasagna noodles, 4 chicken cutlets, and 4 slices of ham. 13. Repeat to make another layer and then top with the remaining sauce.
- Sprinkle the remaining ½ cup (25 G) of panko bread crumbs and the Gruyère cheese over the top.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and crispy.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and serve.
If you liked this Chicken Cordon Bleu Lasagna recipe, you may also like our Chicken Alfredo Ravioli Lasagna recipe which we previously posted.
Our aim is to get more people excited about cooking and the vast options available to anyone with a desire to create. Cooking is about feeding the soul, combining good quality ingredients to the mouths and tummies of the people we love. This recipe was originally posted on Tasty.co.