For 6 Servings
2 tablespoons olive oil 10 oz baby bella mushroom, quartered(285 g)
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
½ teaspoon dried rosemary ½ teaspoon dried thyme ½ teaspoon pepper 3 tablespoons tomato paste 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce ¼ cup flour (30 g) ¾ cup dry red wine(180 mL) 4 cups red potato, diced(900 g) 4 cups vegetable broth(960 mL)
- 2 leaves bay leaf
- In large pot or Dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Once the oil begins to shimmer, add the mushrooms and cook for about 5 minutes, or until most of their juices have been released.
- Add the onions, carrots, and celery, and cook for 4-5 minutes, or until onions are semi-translucent.
- Add the garlic, rosemary, thyme, pepper, tomato paste, and soy sauce, and cook for 2-3 more minutes, until the herbs are fragrant.
- Add the flour and stir until fully incorporated. Add the wine and stir until mostly absorbed.
- Add the potatoes, vegetable broth, and bay leaves, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are tender and the stew has thickened.
- Remove the bay leaves.
If you liked this Hearty Vegetable Stew recipe, you may also like our Slow Cooker Turkey Chili With Cornbread Dumplings recipe which we previously posted.
Our aim is to get more people excited about cooking and the vast options available to anyone with a desire to create. Cooking is about feeding the soul, combining good quality ingredients to the mouths and tummies of the people we love. This recipe was originally posted on Tasty.co.