For 4 Servings
- ½ cup
- grated parmesan cheese (55 g)
- 1 teaspoon
- korean red pepper
- 1 tablespoon
- 1 packet korean ramen seasoning
- 4 yukon gold potatoes
- canola oil, for frying
- salt, to taste
long wooden skewers
- In a small bowl, mix together the Parmesan cheese, Korean red pepper, sugar, and ramen seasoning.
- Cut the potatoes into ribboned curls using the ribbon blade on a spiralizer. If you don’t have a spiralizer, insert a skewer into each potato and, working in a spiral motion, cut in the opposite direction you are turning the skewered potato, making a thin, even spiral all the way down the potato. A spiralizer is recommended.
- Gather the potato curls together, then wrap each curl around a wooden skewer, spacing out the potato evenly. Set aside to dry for 5 minutes.
- Heat the canola oil in a deep pot until it reaches 350ºF (180ºC).
- Fry the potatoes until golden brown, 3-5 minutes, then drain on a paper towel-lined baking sheet.
- While the tornado potatoes are still hot, season with salt and sprinkle with the cheese mixture.
If you liked this Korean Tornado Potatoes recipe, you may also like our Caprese Mac And Cheese recipe which we previously posted.
Our aim is to get more people excited about cooking and the vast options available to anyone with a desire to create. Cooking is about feeding the soul, combining good quality ingredients to the mouths and tummies of the people we love. This recipe was originally posted on Tasty.co.