For 12 Servings
1 teaspoon butter, for greasing
2 ½ cups all purpose flour(310 g)
- 1 red apple, peeled, cored, and diced
1 ½ cups brown sugar(330 g) 2 teaspoons cinnamon 1 teaspoon salt 1 teaspoon baking soda 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
½ cup applesauce (130 g) ½ cup plain yogurt (120 g) 1 cup apple juice (240 mL)
½ cup all purpose flour(60 g) ½ cup dark brown sugar(110 g) 4 oz unsalted butter(110 g) ¼ cup rolled oats (20 g) 1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup powdered sugar(120 g) 2 teaspoons lemon zest 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease a 12-cup muffin tin with butter.
- Make the muffin batter: In a large bowl, combine the flour, apple, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, vanilla, egg, applesauce, plain yogurt, and apple juice. Whisk until well combined.
- Make the topping: In a medium bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, butter, oats, and cinnamon. Mix with a fork until crumbly.
- Divide the muffin batter between the cups of the muffin tin. Top each muffin with 1 tablespoon of the crumble topping.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center of a muffin.
- Make the glaze: In a medium bowl, combine the powdered sugar, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Whisk until smooth.
- Drizzle the lemon glaze on top of the muffins.
If you liked this apple pie muffins recipe, you may also like our Spicy Fried Cauliflower “Chicken” recipe which we previously posted.
Our aim is to get more people excited about cooking and the vast options available to anyone with a desire to create. Cooking is about feeding the soul, combining good quality ingredients to the mouths and tummies of the people we love. This recipe was originally posted on Tasty.co.