For 16 Servings
1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour (215 g) 2 teaspoons cinnamon ½ teaspoon ground ginger ½ teaspoon ground cardamom ½ teaspoon nutmeg 1 teaspoon baking soda ½ teaspoon salt 2 cups applesauce (520 g) 1 ¼ cups brown sugar (275 g)
- 2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract ½ cup vegetable oil
8 oz cream cheese (225 g) ¼ cup granulated sugar (50 g) 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- nonstick cooking spray, for greasing
- Preheat oven to 375˚F (190˚C).
- Make the muffin batter: In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, nutmeg, baking soda, and salt with a fork.
- In a separate large bowl, combine the applesauce, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla, and vegetable oil. Mix with a fork, then gradually incorporate the dry ingredients until the batter is thick and smooth.
- Make the cheesecake filling: In a medium bowl, use a fork to mix together the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until fluffy and smooth.
- Grease a 2 12-cup muffin tin with nonstick spray.
- Scoop about ¼ cup (30 g) of muffin batter into each cup. Add a teaspoon of cheesecake filling to the center of each cup. Use a toothpick to swirl the cheesecake into the batter.
- Bake for 18 minutes, or until the muffins are springy and lightly browned around the edges.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
If you liked this Chai-Spiced Cheesecake Muffins recipe, you may also like our Vegan Apple Pie recipe which we previously posted.
Our aim is to get more people excited about cooking and the vast options available to anyone with a desire to create. Cooking is about feeding the soul, combining good quality ingredients to the mouths and tummies of the people we love. This recipe was originally posted on Tasty.co.