For 4 Servings
4 cups almond milk(960 mL)
- 6 large egg yolks
¼ cup maple syrup (85 g) 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg, plus more for garnish
- 3 whole cloves, optional
- cinnamon stick, for garnish
- Add the almond milk, egg yolks, maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg to a large bowl and whisk to combine.
- Pour the mixture into a medium pot and add the cloves, if using. Warm over low-medium heat for 10-15 minutes, until the temperature reaches 160˚F (70˚C). Stir constantly and don’t allow the mixture to come to a boil.
- Chill or serve warm. Garnish with cinnamon sticks and more nutmeg.
- Calories: 201 Total fat: 10 grams Sodium: 25 grams Total carbs: 24 grams Dietary fiber: 1 grams Sugars: 20 grams Protein: 5 grams.
If you liked this Light Holiday Eggnog recipe, you may also like our Giant Chocolate Soufflé recipe which we previously posted.
Our aim is to get more people excited about cooking and the vast options available to anyone with a desire to create. Cooking is about feeding the soul, combining good quality ingredients to the mouths and tummies of the people we love. This recipe was originally posted on Tasty.co.